Dunkeswell Rovers net swift double over Langdon
- Credit: Archant
Dunkeswell played a swift return with Langdon who they beate 3-2 in South Devon two weeks before, and completed a season’s double, thanks to a 4-1 success.
They made a fine start and, when a Brad Morris shot was not held by the goalkeeper the ball broke invitingly to Sid Berry to fire Dunks ahead.
Langdon swiftly leveled things up, but just as quickly the home lead was restored with Morris slamming then ball home after a slick team move.
Early in the second half Tom Cligg doubled the home advantage, but Langdon came back well and only a couple of smart saves by Will Cowley ensured the home mead remained intact.
Josh Wood came off the bench to complete the scoring, clinically finishing off a one-on-one situation with the visiting gloves man.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Woollacott had a fine game at centre back and Brad Morris led the line superbly. This Saturday Dunkeswell face unbeaten table-toppers Ottery at their Washbrook Meadow home.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery