Dunks sunk by Kents despite Cobb effort
- Credit: Archant
Dunkeswell went down 4-2 on their visit to title-chasing Kentisbeare in their latest Fresha League Division Six meeting.
The Dunks, looking to improve on a miserable performance the last time they had met the Kents (in a cup tie), made a bright start and moved the ball around well and deservedly took the lead when a Charlie Stephenson a cross was thumped home by Jacob Cobb.
Cobb, outstanding throughout, also scored the other Dunks goal, one that put them 2-0 up.
The home side hit back and were level by the break.
In the second half it was end-to-end with Dunkeswell goalkeeper Will Cowley in tremendous form, making a number of excellent saves. The gloves man kept out a second half penalty with a terrific double save!
You may also want to watch:
The home pressure eventually told and a late fourth gave the home side a somewhat faltering two goal margin of victory.
The Dunks departed knowing they had given the Devon Intermediate Cup area finalists a tough time.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
Dunkeswell are next in league action on Saturday, March 14 when they visit table-topping Ottery St Mary.