East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- Credit: Archant
East Budleigh Reserves returned to winning ways by completing a deserved league double over Millwey Rise last Saturday.
Budleigh welcomed back Dave Radford and Chris Watts to the side, giving them a better stability and played some great passing football, but without finding the back of the net.
After a sluggish start, Millwey struck the post and did produce some moments of individual brilliance
Five minutes from the break, Sam Dibling’s powerful drive gave Millwey a half-time advantage but Budleigh began the second period confidently and were level when Josh Sale struck an excellent equaliser.
Minutes later, Budleigh had turned it round; Sam Rice cut in to box drawing a foul and a penalty from which Sale stepped up to smash home.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors were reduced to ten men when Zak Meeker was dismissed for an infraction on Tom Marker, who then had the last laugh rounding the ‘keeper to seal the win.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 4 Roadmap out of pandemic cheers Charter Day organisers
- 5 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 6 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 7 Have your say on future development of village
- 8 Good to see the Chiefs' stars get their Lions' share for coveted tour
- 9 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 10 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon