Elsworth hits ton then takes a ‘fivefer’ as Uplyme and Lyme Regis win at Ottery
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Uplyme & Lyme Regis sealed the Tier Five East East Three top spot with a 62-run win at Ottery St Mary in a game that saw Joe Elsworth hit a century and claim a ‘fivefer’.
After being invited to bat first, Uplyme & Lyme Regis lost Charlie Moss (9) and Mark Batey (11) to leave them on 47-2 after 15 overs.
However, that’s as ‘bad’ as it got for the visiting side as Elsworth (108) and Tyler Wellman (45) added 153 for the unbroken third wicket as their side closed on 200-2 from their 40 overs.
Tyler Wellman and Joe Elsworth were handed the new ball duties and both responded with a brace of wickets to leave the home side on 20-4.
Wickets continued to fall at regular intervals with the Otters ultimately bowled out for 138 in 32 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Elsworth proved to be the tormentor in chief with figures of 5-22, Wellman’s return was 2-24.
Uplyme & Lyme Regis will now travel to face Feniton in this Saturday’s (September 5) Tier Five semi-final.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled