Entwhistle debuts in Honiton vest to finish third in Run in the Wild 10k race
- Credit: Archant
There were nine Honiton Running Club members on the start line of the Run in the Wild 10k race around the grounds of Cricket St Thomas, writes Judy Davey.
This is a tough, hilly off road race organised by Chard Running Club. It was a gorgeous summer’s day although a little warm for running, but disappointingly there were only 120 runners compared to last year when there were over 200. The beach must have been more appealing for some!
Chris Entwistle was wearing his Honiton vest for the first time and he did the club proud coming a fantastic third overall in a time of 48:31.
Richard Harvey tried his best to keep in front of Steve Davey and he succeeded coming 15th in 50:02. Davey was a mere 32 seconds behind in 18th position. Suzanne Spiller was next back, finishing third lady overall in 31st place in 54:22. She also won the senior lady category.
As usual, Vernon Gillard’s decision to race was a late one, but he was pleased to come 35th in 55:37. He was followed by Judy Davey who had swapped positions with Simon Spiller countless times throughout the race to finish 43rd in 58:04 and was first in her age category.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Briggs could see Spiller and Davey throughout the race and he managed to overtake the former within half a mile from the finish to come in 47th in 58:25 with Spiller just one place and 10 seconds later.
Last, but definitely not least, as she managed second in her category, was Jennie Sleeman. All runners agreed it was a very hard race, but a great venue with some fantastic views.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Roy Hart from Honiton
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 Candidates revealed in race for district council seats
- 4 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 5 We won't be truly safe until we have a global vaccine programme
- 6 Major accolade for driving school
- 7 The joy of gving something back
- 8 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 9 Phillips wins the bogey comp at Honiton Golf Club
- 10 Village celebration will ring out around world