Entwistle leads Honiton runners home at Minster Challenge
Honiton runners travelled to the Minster Challenge based at Axminster Community College, writes Judy Davey.
First back for Honiton was Chris Entwistle coming an excellent second position in 52:49 although this was helped by the front runner Matt Clist going slightly off track and ending up coming fifth.
Alasdair Moffett was next home in tenth spot with a time of 57:15 closely followed by Tom Bornet in 57:24.
Jarrod Brown was putting in a rare appearance for the club and did himself proud coming 13th in 57:43.
Suzanne Spiller was first lady back for Honiton and second lady overall in a time of 59:28 and 16th place.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Andow was next back in 30th place in 1:03:34 followed by Simon Spiller 24 seconds later to complete Honiton’s team. There were 69 runners.
Two of the older juniors, Henry Riddle and Iain Ross, took part in the Fun Run coming in together across the line in seventh place in a time of 22:18.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
There were 66 finishers. Thanks to all involved in organisation and marshalling of another great event.