Rule changes for 2010
PUBLISHED: 10:00 30 November 2009 | UPDATED: 14:12 09 August 2010
The excitement is starting to build for the 2010 pony racing season .
The excitement is starting to build for the 2010 pony racing season - there are some new rules - the main changes are below - but the new rules and the new Pony Registration Certificate are downloadable from this site.
* Riders and Ponies must qualify together as a combination to compete in the 2010 Charles Owen Pony Racing Series
* Ponies aged 5-12 years competing in the 2010 Charles Owen Pony Racing Series must be microchipped
* All Ponies must hold a valid Pony Registration Certificate (PRC) to compete
* Any Pony subject to a formal height re-measurement will be disqualified for the duration of the current season if not presented for re-measurement within 20 working days
* Racing saddles must measure 16'' (40.6cm) from front arch to cantle and weigh no less than 3lb fully dressed
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.