Exeter Chiefs star guides Honiton Under-10s through coaching session
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Tigers U10s were given an early year boos when Exeter Chiefs winger Matt Jess took a coaching session at Northcote Lane.
Jess, a surviving member of Exeter Chiefs’ promotion to the top-flight of English rugby, focused on helping the Tigers improve skills such as tackling and passing.
Honiton coach Jon Hannay said: “When we heard there was an opportunity for Matt to come and take a training session for us the lads were very keen for this to happen.
“Matt was excellent with the lads and everyone enjoyed the whole experience and we are now looking to see what they have taken on board as we continue what has been a good season so far.”
Jess is almost back to full fitness after four months out on the sidelines with a foot injury.
You may also want to watch:
During this time he has been establishing his own business venture, MSJ Coaching Ltd.
Of his time with the Tigers, Jess said: “I had a great afternoon coaching the boys. They are a great bunch who were willing to learn and take on new things.”
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op