Fab four from Fenny ladies
Devon Women’s Football League
Feniton Ladies 4,
Exeter and Tedburn Rangers 0
Feniton Ladies started the second half of the season with a fine 4-0 victory over visiting Rangers at Acland Park on Sunday.
The scoring was started in the first half with a delightful lob into the Rangers net by Stefi Mathews. The other three goals arrived in the second half. First, Mathews made in 2-0 from the penalty spot then Jess Jenkins scored from close range and finally a super 35-metre strike from Shannon Toogood.
You may also want to watch:
Feniton welcomed back into the squad Sally Ames and Emma Mingo who had been away touring Australia and both played from the start. Chloe Locke was outstanding in midfield. But it was the general all-round play and in particular the team’s passing capabilities that led to a good all round team effort.
Next week the ladies travel to Plymouth University to play a cup match. Next home game for Feniton is on Sunday, January 27, against Exmouth KO 2pm.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis