Father and son in Texas Scramble success at Honiton.
- Credit: Archant
The prestigious team game of the weekend at Honiton, The Founders Day Trophy, was sadly rained off after three holes on the Saturday so our 3-ball better ball Texas Scramble on Sunday was an unexpected surprise, writes Andy Wagner.
Although wet underfoot the day proved to be quite exhilarating and a most enjoyable game to be involved in.
It was certainly a tremendous day for father and son Julian and Jake Phillips aided most ably by Peter Clark, as they took the honours, finishing with a near faultless 58.1.
Second were the almost ‘joined at the hip’ team of Mark Gillard, James Drew and Rob Willey with 60.2.
Pete Bonetta, Dean Bonetta and Stewart Slater took third spot with 60.6.
You may also want to watch:
Founders Day will be re- run so keep a eye on the board.
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption