Feniton A finally land that elusive first win of the season
- Credit: Archant
Feniton Over-60s A team have finally ended their long run without a victory, writes Roger Smith.
The long-awaited success came in the derby meeting with Ottery St Mary when the team recorded a four shot 43-39 win.
The winning rinks were; J Livings, R North and J Skinner (22-19) and M Evans, M Chipperfield and A Evans (21-20).
The B team continued there winning momentum by defeating Honiton A 47-28. The winning rinks were; C Maynard A Morgan and D Conbeer (24-14) and L Crook, B Bowden and Ro Clarke (23-14).
The mixed team had a most entertaining match against visitors Tiverton Bowling Club losing by the narrow margin of three shots, the score bing 109-106 in favour of the Mid Devon side.
You may also want to watch:
The winning Feniton rinks were; V Jones, M Evans and Ro Clarke (26-7), J Skinner, G Skinner and R Smith (20-13) and F Jones, B Bowden and J Smith (21-18).
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 6 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 9 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre