Feniton A hot on the trail of Over-60s Triples League promotion
- Credit: Archant
Feniton A continued their hot pursuit of an Exeter and District Triples league promotion berth with a vital six points haul in a 43-40 win over Starcross, writes Roger Smith.
The winning rink was J Livings, A Smith and R Smith (25-18).
There was not such good news for the B team as they went down 35-25 at home to North Tawton with the winning Feniton rink the one of L Crook, L Ley and R Clarke (18-15).
The ladies lost a close match against local rivals Ottery St Mary in the Over-50s League, beaten 32-26.
However, in the Mixed East of Exe League there was a terrific 64-48 success over table-topping Seaton.
You may also want to watch:
The winning rinks were G Blackmore, G Phillips, P Goodwin and K Lovering (19-6) and R Cooke, L Ley, D Phillips and A Kury (21-14).
There was also success in a mixed friendly against Seaton thanks to an 83-72 success.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
Here the winning Seaton rinks were D Faulks, R Lovering and I Veitch (18-11), F Jones, G Skinner and D Conbeer (16-13) and A Hughes, S Crawford and L Ley (15-12).
However, there was a 92-77 loss to Tiverton West End. In this meeting the successful Feniton rinks were D Faulks, A Hughes, A Morgan and D Phillips (17-12) and F Jones, B Bowden, J Livings and D Coyne (16-15).