Feniton B end bowls season with a victory
- Credit: Archant
Feniton Bowling Club’s final matches of the Exeter and District Over 60s Triples League resulted in the B team finishing fourth in Division Five.
They defeated Crediton C by 44-31, with the winning rink being C Maynard, L Ley and Ro Clarke 29-9.
The A team lost their final match against promoted Heavitree A by 35-47. The winning rink was R North, I Veitch and J Skinner 25-12. However, the two points gained meant that they avoided relegation from Division 2.
In the mixed team’s final match of the East of Exe League, they lost to Culm Vale by 63-65. The winning rinks were T Cox, D Bowden, R Cooke and G Phillips 17-12, and A Evans, A Morgan, D Sanders and D Phillips 17-12.
The match had no bearing on the final league table as Feniton had already secured the championship the previous week.
You may also want to watch:
In the ladies’ Over 50s League, the team lost to Crediton by 25-34.The winning rink was S Faulkes, D Phillips and R Veitch 18-8.
The mixed team lost away to Madeira by 54-63. The winning rinks were T Cox, C Sanders and A Kury 23-7 and D Faulkes, D Bowden and L Ley 15-14.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The match against local rivals Ottery St Mary finished all square at 69 shots each. This was despite Feniton having only one winning rink which was J Wheatley, J Livings, R Veitch and A Evans. 26-9.