Feniton bowl their way back into fine form
- Credit: Archant
The Feniton men’s teams enjoyed a resurgence in their form winning against Chardstock in the Top Club by four rinks to one, writes Roger Smith.
The winning rinks were S Dommett (2-wood)22-19, A Kury (4-wood) 21-11, I Veitch and K Lovering (pairs) 32-14 and A Smith, E Cox, Ro Clarke and D Coyne (fours) 19-7.
This was followed by an excellent win against Axminster in the Foxlands Competition by 53-14. The home rink of I Veitch, A Smith, A Kury and D Evans winning 30-5 whilst the away rink of R Cooke, D Coyne, P Spreadbury and K Lovering won 23-9.
In the County Trophy competition they also returned to winning ways in defeating Honiton by 81-67.
The winning rinks were I Veitch, E Cox, A Kury and S Dommett 29-8, R Cooke, G Phillips, J Skinner and P Spreadbury 19-17 and A Smith, R Clarke, D Evans and R Smith, who won 18-16.
You may also want to watch:
The men also won a friendly match against Sidmouth, winning on all four rinks, by 89-48.
The winning rinks were F Jones, E Cox, K Lovering and A Kury 28-8, J Dibble, J Rolph, I Veitch and D Coyne 27-9, J Wheatley, D Sanders, G Phillips and P Spreadbury 16-14 and M Evans, J Livings, A Smith and R Clarke 18-17.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
In the Over-60s triples league the B team secured a narrow victory over Madeira D by 32-29.
The winning rink was T Young, L Ley and G Phillips 16-9.
The A team narrowly lost against the league leaders Morchard Bishop A by 33-35. The winning rink was E Cox, A Smith and R Smith 21-14.
In their last latest East Devon Ladies league, the ladies lost to Honiton by 29-49. The winning rink was G Blackmore, Ru Clarke, S Miller and S Kury 21-17.
The mixed team travelled to Crediton and lost by 96-109. The winning rinks were D Phillips, J Rolph, D Evans and P Spreadbury (14-10), R Veitch, L Crook, G Phillips and J O’ Sullivan (19-16) and S Goodenough, Ru Clarke, L Ley and Ro Clarke (18-17).
They also defeated Chagford, at Chagford by 59-36 where the winning rinks were L Crook, G Skinner and L Ley (25-8) and V Jones, T Young and G Phillips (19-9).