Feniton bowl to Over-60s success against Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Archant
In the men’s Over-60s League, Feniton A team entertained local rivals Ottery St Mary A and won by the comfortable margin of 48-14, writes Roger Smith.
The winning rinks were J Livings, I Veitch and A Smith, 27-8, and M Evans, R North and J Skinner, 21-6.
There was no such joy for the B team however, as they lost on both rinks at Axminster and to an overall score of 41-23.
Feniton ladies lost their NBTL match against Ottery St Mary, beaten 38-35.
In the mixed East of Exe League, Feniton had a comfortable 85-50 win at home against Tiverton Borough.
You may also want to watch:
The winning rinks were R Cooke, R Lovering, S Kury and K Lovering, 32-8, G Blackmore, L Ley, G Phillips and D Coyne, 22-12, and P Goodwin, A Pritchard, R Veitch and I Veitch, 18-13.
The mixed team lost 67-48 away at Phear Park by 48-67 where the one successful Fention rink, with a 16-12 victory, was D Bowden, A Smith and G Phillips.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
This was followed by another defeat at home to Bovey Tracey, this time the score was 88-61 in favour of the visiting team. The lone Feniton success came on the L Crook, J Wheatley, S Kury and R North, 24-15.
The weekend was taken up with the ladies and gents two wood singles competition.
In the men’s semi-final D Sanders triumphed over A Smith in a match that went to the last end before the former sealed a 13-12 success. In the other semi-final R Lovering defeated A Evans 16-10.
In the ladies semi-finals, J Smith beat D Faulks 17-7 and D Phillips beat A Coyne 5-5.
The men’s final was a close match, but R Lovering triumphed over D Sanders, 16-11. In the ladies final, J Smith defeated D Phillips 5-9.
Last, but not least, despite the inclement Friday weather, the club’s Bowls 4 Fun event proved a huge success.