Feniton bowl way into knockout stages of the County Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Feniton men’s team have qualified for the Knockout Stages of the County Trophy competition, writes Roger Smith.
This comes after the team ended as runners-up to Madeira in Section Three.
Their fate rested on the outcome of their final fixture against Sidmouth which they won comfortably by 101-58.
The winning rinks were R Cooke, L Crawford, A Kury and K Lovering (31-8), D Sanders, A Smith, R Clarke and R Smith (32-12) and T Cox, A Morgan, M Sellick and J Skinner (19-17).
In other club news the Over-60s Triples League teams drew a blank in their latest outings.
You may also want to watch:
The A team went down 41-29 at Topsham B and the B team succumbed to a 36-28 home reversal at the hands of Tiverton Borough.
There was success though for the ladies Over-50s team as they defeated Belmont 35-37 with the winning rink being G Blackmore, D Bowden and R Veitch (24-7).
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
In the East of Exe League, Feniton secured an excellent win away against local rivals Honiton by 74 shots to 52.
The winning rinks were A Pritchard, A Morgan, R Cooke and R Smith (23-10), T Cox, J Smith, A Evans and A Kury (17-12) and G Blackmore, G Phillips, L Crawford and K Lovering (21-17). The other rink ended in a tie.
In a friendly meeting with Devon Patrons, Feniton were 104-73 winners with the successful rinks being C Maynard, F Jones, J Livings and A Kury (24-12), T Cox, D Downs, A Morgan and M Sellick (21-10), G Groves, F Brooks, M Evans and I Veitch (25-15) and L Crook, E Cox, G Phillips and A Evans (19-18).
This was followed by a 79-61 victory at Exonia where the winning Feniton winks were F Jones, A Hughes, J Smith and A Smith (28-8) and L Crook, B Bowden, G North and I Veitch (22-12).