Feniton bowlers enjoy another successful week
- Credit: Archant
Feniton bowlers had a good last week, writes Roger Smith.
In the East of Exe League, Feniton defeated visiting Hemyock 90-48 with the winning rinks being the ones of R Lovering, D Downs, R Veitch and I Veitch, 26-11, P Goodwin, J Smith, R Cooke and K Lovering, 22-8, C Maynard, G Phillips, D Coyne and D Phillips, 20-9 and T Cox, D Bowden, S Kury and A Kury, 22-20.
This was followed by a narrow win in the same competition away at Culm Vale, this time by 77 shots to 73.
At Culm Vale the winning Feniton rinks were; G Blackmore, A Morgan, D Sanders and R Smith, 23-12 and T Cox, J Livings, S Kury and A Kury, 24-17.
In the County Trophy competition, Feniton defeated Budleigh Salterton 83-74. In this meeting the winning rinks were: P Goodwin, R Lovering, A Kury and K Lovering, 19-11, C Maynard, R Clarke, A Smith and R Smith, 22-18 (this rink also achievement the gaining of a ‘hot shot’ award scoring eight shots on one end) and T Cox, a Morgan, R Cooke and I Veitch, 23-21.
You may also want to watch:
In the Men’s Over-60s League outings, there were mixed fortunes for both teams.
The A team defeated Uffculme 47-36 with the winning rink being the one of M Evans, I Veitch and J Skinner, 29-15.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 March the target for Point to Point racing
However, they also lost their rearranged match with Madeira B, going down 37-25 to the Exmouth team.
Meanwhile, the B team lost narrowly away at Tiverton West End B, 35-33, though they did have a winning rink, that being D Downs, A Morgan and D Coyne, 19-15.
The ladies had a good 29-25 away win at Heavitree in an Over-50s League match. The winning rink was D Bowden, A Coyne and J Smith, 17-9.