Feniton bowlers enjoy encouraging change in fortune
- Credit: Archant
The past week saw an encouraging change in fortune for Feniton bowlers, writes Roger Smith.
In a men’s County Trophy, the final Feniton match of the campaign saw them defeat Sidmouth on all rinks to win overall at 97-68.
The victory means that the team end the season as the third placed side in the section.
The winning Feniton rinks were: R Lovering, L Ley, A Evans and I Veitch (28-9); D Sanders, R Smith, A Smith and R Clarke (24-15); P Goodwin, R Cooke, A Kury and K Lovering (22-20) and A Morgan, D Downs, G Phillips and J Skinner (23-22). Unfortunately, they lost in their Section Three final of the Foxlands Trophy competition, going down 52-23 to Madeira.
There was also success for the men’s Over-60s Triples League teams. The A team were 40-24 winners against Madeira B with a 23-12 success for the rink of M Chipperfield, I Veitch and J Skinner and a 17-15 win for the rink of J Livings, D Sanders and R North.
You may also want to watch:
The B team enjoyed a four shot win in their away game at Cullompton, beating the Mid Devon men 32-28. The rink wins were 17-15 for C Maynard, L Ley and R Clarke, and 15-13 for D Downs, A Evans and D Coyne.
The ladies had an excellent win in their Over-50s League match against Exonia, beating the Exeter side 44-24. Both rinks won with P Figg, V Jones and D Phillips landing a 22-8 success and the rink of D Bowden, A Coyne and J Smith, winning 22-16.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 7 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The club’s mixed team entertained Chudleigh on a very inclement afternoon! Ultimately the elements won the day with the match abandoned after 15 ends with Chudleigh ahead at that stage 54-47.
There was success on three of the four rinks contested with wins for L Crook, J Skinner, M Evans and L Ley (12-10); B Bowden, G Skinner, A Coyne and R North (16-15) and J Wheatley, D Bowden, J Livings and D Coyne (11-10).
However, they enjoyed better fortune away at Heavitree where they won 77-67. The winning rinks were: R Lovering, G Skinner, J Livings and D Phillips (24-10), L Crook, D Bowden, G North and R Smith (19-15) and B Bowden, J Skinner, L Ley and I Veitch (19-18).