Feniton bowlers have good week
- Credit: Archant
It has been a good week for the Feniton men’s section, writes Roger Smith.
In the County Trophy competition they defeated local rivals Ottery St Mary 95-54. The winning rinks were S Crawford, T Cox, I Veitch and A Kury (40-8) and C Maynard G Phillips, D Coyne and J Skinner (21-12), with the other two rinks being tied.
This was followed by a good win away at Chardstock in the Top Club competition by three rinks to two rinks. The winning rinks were L Crawford (four woods) (21-7), A Smith and R Smith (pairs) (32-11) and G Phillips, M Sellick, D Coyne and J Skinner (fours) (25-17).
In the Two Counties competition another excellent win was recorded against Tiverton Borough by 116-46. The winning rinks were L Crook, G Phillips, Ro Clarke and I Veitch (38-6), R Lovering, E Cox, S Kury and J Skinner (27-12), G Blackmore, D Sanders, L Crawford and A Kury (29-17) and T Cox, S Goodenough, R Veitch and D Coyne (22-11).
In the Over-60s Triples League the B team maintained their good form with a draw against Cullompton (33-33). The winning rink was E Goodenough, G Skinner and D Conbeer (17-16).
You may also want to watch:
The Ladies drew with Sidmouth, 45-45. The winning rinks were G Blackmore, L Morris and S Kury (19-11) and D Bowden, A Pritchard and G North (16-14). They narrowly lost to Honiton by 34-50, despite winning on two rinks. The winning rinks were A Pritchard, G Blackmore and C Granger (16-10) and J Mitchell, D Phillips and S Kury (17-15).
- 1 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
- 4 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 5 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 6 East Devon Property of the Week
- 7 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
- 8 When a waffle is good for your health
- 9 Family campaigns to fund flower barn at 'paradise' site
- 10 Litter pickers unite to launch blitz on untidy blackspots