Feniton bowlers in County Trophy triumph over Budleigh
- Credit: Archant
Feniton men enjoyed success in their County Trophy meeting with Budleigh, writes Roger Smith.
In an overall win of 82 shots to 55, the successful Feniton rinks were: R Cooke, L Crawford, A Kury and K Lovering (28-9), D Sanders, A Smith, R Clarke and R Smith (21-11) and C Maynard, D Coyne, M Sellick and J Skinner (16-14).
However, in the Top Club Competition they lost heavily against Madeira by four rinks to nil with one rink undecided.
In the Exeter and District Over-60s Triples League, Feniton A defeated top of the table Madeira B by 45-32.
The victory leaves Feniton A just a single point behind Madeira at the top of the table and they have played two games fewer!
You may also want to watch:
The winning rink was M Chipperfield, P Spreadbury and J Skinner (32-9).
Meanwhile, in the same competition, Feniton B suffered a narrow four shot defeat against Madeira E, going down 45-41.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
The winning Feniton rink was C Maynard, A Morgan and R Clarke (21-18).
The ladies had a narrow defeat in their Over-50s League match at Chagford, going down by a margin of just two shots at 31-29. The successful Feniton rink was P Figg, G North and S Kury (17-14).
In the East of Exe League, the mixed team lost 64-55 against Seaton. The winning Feniton rinks were A Evans, R Veitch, I Veitch and P Spreadbury (21-11) and C Maynard, R Cooke, S Kury and R Smith (16-15).
The mixed team also entertained tourists Moordown and won 113-104. The winning rinks were G Blackmore, M Whitcombe and L Ley (32-8) and A Coyne, J Livings and D Coyne (24-11).
Feniton bowlers have been in good form in the county competitions with Tony Kury and Ted Cox reaching the Section Three final of the men’s pairs and Ian Veitch, Tony Kury, Roy Lovering and Robin Coke reaching the Section Three final in the men’s fours competition.