Feniton bowlers show superb form in winning week
- Credit: Archant
Feniton bowlers enjoyed an excllent past week, writes Roger Smith.
Every match they took part in they won! The Over-60s League teams all bounced back from recent setbacks.
The A team defeated Exeter St Thomas A 46-31 with the winning rink the one of J Livings, M Chipperfield and A Smith (24-8).
The B team also returned to form winning 38-28 at Axminster where the winning rink was the one of C Maynard, L Ley and R Clarke (22-6).
The ladies won their Over-50s League match at Exonia by 39 shots to 26.
You may also want to watch:
The winning rinks were P Figg, J Smith and G North (21-11) and G Blackmore, D Phillips and R Veitch (18-15).
The mixed team won their match at home against Tiverton Borough in the East of Exe League by 80 shots to 52 with the winning rinks being G Blackmore, G Phillips, L Crawford and K Lovering (27-11) and R Cooke, J Smith, S Kury and J Skinner (22-10) and the two other rinks were tied.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
Finally, the mixed team won on all four rinks in splendid 82-46 success at Tiverton West End.
The winning rinks were F Brooks, D Sanders and R Smith (28-6), J Wheatley, A Morgan and J Smith (19-11), E Cox, Ru Clarke, G Phillips (18-14) and A Hughes, C Sanders and L Ley (17-15).