Feniton bowlers sign off 2017 outdoor season in winning style
- Credit: Archant
The final week of the season involved the mixed team playing in no fewer that five matches, writes Roger Smith.
First up, a 54-50 win at Chardstock where the successful rinks was the one of R Lovering, A Pritchard, R North and R Veitch, 22-9.
That was followed by a 76-61 victory over local rivals Honiton, with rink success for C Maynard, Ru Clarke and I Veitch, 22-9, J Wheatley, J Livings and R Veitch, 22-17 and J Skinner, D Downs and A Kury,18-12.
Next up, a 96-51 win over Sidmouth with rink joy G Skinner, A Pritchard, Ru Clarke and I Veitch, 28-12, D Downs, J Mitchell, L Ley and A Kury, 25-9, A Coyne, J Skinner, J Livings and D Coyne, 22-13 and T Cox, M Mitchell, R Veitch and Ro Clarke, 21-17.
A fourth win in the five outings was a 95-89 success against visiting Uffculme and, in this meeting, the winning home rinks were; D Sanders, J Wheatley, G Phillips and D Phillips, 31-13 and D Bowden, G Skinner, A Coyne and D Coyne, 17-15.
You may also want to watch:
The only minor blemish on the week was a narrow defeat at home to Pinces Garden by 75 shots to 72. The lone Feniton rink win was a 21-17 victory for T Cox, B Bowden, A Kury and S Kury 21-17.
The final act of the outdoor term, the closing drive, was combined with the presidents game, which had been previously postponed due to bad weather.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
The spider competition was won by Roger Clarke. The winning team on the afternoon, after a recount, was the one of B Bowden, D Bowden and R Lovering.
Richard North made the presentations and thanked everyone for their support during his three year tenure as president. In response the club captain, Graham Phillips, congratulated the president on his excellent term in office.