Feniton bowlers stay top of East of Exe League after Hemyock win
- Credit: Archant
Feniton’s mixed team continued their winning ways in the East of Exe League when they secured a 70-54 success over Hemyock, a result that keeps the team on top of the table, writes Roger Smith.
The winning rinks were A Evans, D Downs, D Sanders and D Phillips (17-8), R Lovering, L Ley, R Veitch and I Veitch (19-13) and P Goodwin, A Pritchard, J Skinner and K Lovering (21-17).
No play was possible in the men’s Over-60s Triples League and it was a similar soggy tale with regard to the ladies’ scheduled Over-50s League as the weather hit the programme.
The mixed team did see action with a visit to Honiton where wins on all three rinks saw them to an overall victory.
They were then beaten 69-54 at home to Sidmouth with the lone success being a 13-12 win for the rink of G Skinner, D Bowden and A Smith.
You may also want to watch:
A narrow 107-103 defeat followed in a home meeting with Bridport, though, in this close encounter, Feniton won on four of the five rinks. Those successful rinks were the ones of: B Bowden, R Crowe-Swords, T Cox and D Conbeer (28-16), A Evans, D Bowden, P Goodwin and A Kury (21-19), J Wheatley, D Phillips, R Smith and A Smith (17-16) and L Crook, J Skinner, L Ley and G Phillips (22-21).
Last, but not least, there was a good win of 138 shots to 115 in a meeting with Branksome.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
The winning rinks were: B Bowden, A Pritchard, L Ley and A Kury (25-11), J Wheatley, T Milton, D Sanders and D Philllips (23-11), S Faulkes, M Everett, R Lovering and I Veitch (22-12) and D Faulkes, D Downs, B Cover and J Smith (22-20).