Feniton Bowls Club FInals - picture special
- Credit: Archant
Feniton ladies had a mighty close encounter with Seaton Reds in an Over-50s League meeting, writes Roger Smith.
The match ended in a 34 shots each tie and the winning Seaton rink was C Sanders, A Pritchard and D Phillips, 28-9.
The ladies also saw action in an NBTL fixture against Topsham that saw them lose 53-24.
The Feniton mixed team had an enjoyable match away at Bitton Park where they were beaten 75-66. The successful Feniton rinks being; D Bowden, G Skinner, Ru Clarke and I Veitch, 22-13; B Bowden, D Downs, S Kury and A Kury, 23-18, and G Phillips, A Pritchard, L Ley and Ro Clarke, 16-14.
The club finals weekend saw lots of excellent play. In the men’s singles final there was a 22-16 success for Tony Kury over Dave Downes while the ladies singles final resulted in a 21-9 win for Tracy Crawford over Ruby Veitch.
You may also want to watch:
The club singles final was won by Roy Lovering, defeating Dave Downes 21-13 and the postponed men’s handicap was won by Alan Smith, who beat Dave Sanders 24-8. The ladies plate final saw Kate Wise defeat Pat Figg 21-11, and the club pairs was won by Graham Phillips and John Livings, who defeated Les Ley and Roy Lovering 21-15.
The husband and wife competition was won by Roger and Judy Smith, winning a close encounter with Tony and Sue Kury, 22-18.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
In the Sir John Acland Trophy, Di Bowden defeated Dave Faulkes in what was a very close, and exciting contest that produced scores of 2-7, 7-2, 2-7, 8-3, 7-3.
In the mixed pairs competition Dave Sanders and Pat Figg overcame Graham Phillips and Di Bowden 24-17.
This coming Sunday (September 17), Feniton will be hosting the final of the Western Morning News men’s pairs competition and the finals of the Burmah Star mixed triples competition. This is a chance to see some of Devon’s top bowlers in action and visitors will be made most welcome.