Feniton claim big win on good match day for East Devon sides in the Francis Clark Devon League
- Credit: Archant
Match day ten of the Francis Clark Devon League proved to be a profitable one for a number of East Devon sides, writes Steve Birley.
Feniton were the big movers as they bagged just a second win of the season to ease their D Division woes after an 86-run win at Whitchurch. Mark Kingdom and Jon Pyle dug them out of a sticky patch with a three figure seventh wicket stand before the evergreen Francis Plyle took the bowling honours!
In the same section Seaton also enjoyed a big win as they took a maximum 22 points from a seven wicket success at home to basement dwellers Clyst St George.
Uplyme are the ‘best of the rest’ in the D Division behind the runaway top two after they took the honours in the East Devon derby at home to Honiton.
Success also for Kilmington who climbed into a top two berth in the E Division after a four wicket home win over Cullompton.
You may also want to watch:
It was not such a good day for Whimple as they fell to a fourth E Division defeat when beaten by seven wickets at home by struggling Kingskerswell.
In the F Division Upottery had to sit out the match day as they were the odd team out (one team misses a game each week in this section), and they return to action this Saturday at home to Woodbury.
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption