Feniton claim fine Top Club victory over Phear Park
- Credit: Archant
Feniton men have had mixed fortunes in their competitive matches this past week, writes Roger Smith.
They lost their first County Trophy match to Madeira 91-69.
However, they redeemed themselves in the Top Club competition defeating Phear Park in all five disciplines.
The winning rinks were D Evans (2-wood) 22-8, A Kury (4-wood) 21-3, J Skinner and K Lovering (pairs) 33-7, A Evans, R Cooke and P Spreadbury (triples) 24-8 and A Smith, E Cox, D Coyne and R Smith (fours) 22-13.
In the over 60s men’s triples league the A team scored a resounding win against visitors North Tawton by 47-19. The winning rinks were J Livings, P Edmonds and A Evans 23-9 and M Evans, R Smith and R Arundell 24-10.
You may also want to watch:
The B team lost to Madeira C by 35-32. Despite the close score, neither rink managed to win.
The ladies achieved an excellent win in the Inter Club competition defeating Marina 48-32, in a match played in inclement weather. The winning rinks were J Smith, A Coyne, Ru Clarke and G North (24-14) and G Blackmore, J Evans, D Phillips and R Veitch (24-18).
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 7 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
The mixed team gained an impressive victory against visiting Chudleigh 118-75.
The winning rinks were G Blackmore, E Cox, L Ley and A Kury (36-12), L Crook, J Evans, P Edmonds and R Smith (29-13) and A Hughes, G Skinner, R Cooke and D Coyne (23-12).