Feniton complete seasons double over Ottery St Mary
Feniton Bowls Men’s over-60s teams both suffered losses in away matches last week, writes Roger Smith.
The A team lost 24-35 at Okehampton, thereby ending their slim hopes of promotion out of the Third Division.
The B team lost by a single shot to Sidmouth at 33-34, picking up just a single point for a tied rink.
This means that they will have to wait until the last match of the season to secure the necessary points to avoid relegation to Division Seven.
The mixed team completed a season’s double over Ottery St Mary, winning 97-75 at the Otters home.
You may also want to watch:
The winning rinks were Frank Jones, Eddie Cox, Glynda Blackmore and Ian Veitch 24-9, Gill Smith, George Skinner, John Livings and Les Ley 21-17, Bob Crowe-Swords, Anita Pritchard, Eileen Tuck and Alan Smith 17-15 and Ted Goodenough, Bonnie Halse, Ruby Veitch and Tony Kury 18-17.
They also completed the double over Cullompton at home in an evening match winning by 77-50. The winning rinks were Bob Crowe-Swords, Tony Young, Lynda Dommett and Kevin Lovering (27-7), Norma Cox, George Skinner, Les Ley and Roger Smith (21-16) and Frank Jones, Eddie Cox, Robin Cooke and Sue Kury.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
Feniton have the honour of staging the Devon County Bowls Finals on Saturday, September 10 and Sunday, September 11. Anyone interested in bowls is more than welcome to come along and watch some of the best bowlers, in not only Devon, but in England competing for the County titles.