Feniton defeat Phear Park in Foxlands meeting
- Credit: Archant
In a week when a lot of matches were either cancelled because of rain or were played in poor conditions Feniton managed some reasonable results, writes Roger Smith.
The men’s team won their Foxlands match against Phear Park 43-35.
The winning rinks were J Skinner, P Spreadbury, A Kury and K Lovering (25-18) and C Maynard, R Smith, D Coyne and D Evans (18-17).
The County Trophy match against Ottery was abandoned due to heavy rain.
However, in the men’s over 60s league the A team maintained their recent improvement with a 37-33 win over Okehampton A.
You may also want to watch:
The winning rink was E Cox, M Evans and R Arundell (24-17). The B team lost 39-22 to Tiverton West End C with the winning Feniton rink being C Maynard, L Ley and R Clarke (31-11).
The ladies team suffered at the hands of Crediton losing their East Devon League (EDL) match away at Crediton. Played in very difficult weather conditions the ladies’ went down 35-21.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
They then entertained Crediton in the NBTL and went down 35-21 with the winning rink being G Blackmore, D Phillips and R Veitch (18-10).
The mixed team lost a close match away at Belmont by 59 points to 53. The winning rinks were L Morris, E Cox and G Phillips (16-10) and A Hughes, S Goodenough and R Cooke (17-13).