Feniton face testing month
- Credit: Archant
Feniton are preparing for a spell of matches that will define their Fresha League Premier Division season.
The Blues host second in the table Heavitree this Saturday (January 10) before receiving a visit from current table-toppers Tiverton Town Reserves the week after.
A third successive home game sees University visit on January 24 – the students were beaten on their own ground by the odd goal in seven last month.
The pivotal sequence of matches is ended with a swift return against Tiverton Town with the Blues in Mid Devon on the final Saturday of the month.
It’s been a stop-start recent period for Feniton who have played just four games since Mid November. During that time they have won two and lost two.
You may also want to watch:
Given the obvious power of Tiverton Town Reserves its hard to make a case for anyone other than the Ladysmead outfit lifting then Fresha League title. They have won 12 of their 13 league outings to date with the only blemish being a late August 3-0 defeat at Sidbury United.
There’s little doubt that if the Blues are to mount a title challenge then they need to come out of the forthcoming two meetings with Tivvy with the bulk of the points.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon