Feniton ladies defeat Madeira in Grace Matthews Trophy meeting
- Credit: Archant
Feniton ladies bowl to victory against Madeira The last week was a very good one for Feniton Ladies, writes Roger Smith.
They defeated Madeira in the Grace Matthews Trophy by three rinks to two.
The winning rinks were T Crawford (4-wood), 21-17, D Bowden and G North (pairs), 20-11 and G Blackmore, D Phillips and R Veitch (triples), 19-11.
Glynda Blackmore and D Phillips had an excellent result in defeating S Harriot and L Smerdon 22-17 in the Section 3 (B) County Pairs final. However, the ladies did lose in the NBTL to St Thomas by13 shots.
The men also had a good week, defeating Seaton in the County Trophy by 88-63. The winning rinks were S Crawford, R Cooke, I Veitch and A Kury (29-8), S Goodenough, M Sellick, L Crawford and K Lovering (27-15) and A Smith, A Morgan, R Clarke and R Smith (20-19).
You may also want to watch:
This was followed by a win over local rivals Ottery St Mary in the Foxlands competition by 49-21. The winning rinks were T Cox, J Skinner, L Crawford and K Lovering (29-8) and A Evans, D Coyne, I Veitch and A Kury (20-13).
In the Over-60s Triples League the B team maintained their excellent start to the season with a victory over Okehampton C by 34-10. The winning rinks were G Phillips, D Sanders and R Clarke (27-8) and C Maynard, A Morgan and D Conbeer (17-12). The A team’s woes continue as they lost to Okehampton A by 27-38.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
The mixed team lost at Seaton by 58-75. The winning rink was F Jones, P Edmonds, J Mitchell and S Goodenough (18-17). They also lost against Chudleigh, 85-77.
Here the winning rinks were L Crook, C Sanders, M Mitchell and D Conbeer (24-17) and A Hughes, E Goodenough, D Sanders and D Coyne (22-18).