Feniton ladies march on in the Grace Matthews competition
- Credit: Archant
Feniton men lost their opening County Trophy match against Madeira, writes Roger Smith.
In an 89-61 defeat the only Feniton winning rink was the one of S Goodenough, A Morgan, L Crawford and K Lovering (25-14).
In their Two Counties match against Honiton, the men were beaten by a margin of just five shots, going down 85-80. This despite winning on two rinks, and drawing on another.
The winning rinks were; S Crawford, R Lovering, I Veitch and A Kury (26-19), and L Crawford, T Crawford, R Veitch and R Smith (20-19). In the Exeter Over-60s Triples League, the B team defeated previously unbeaten Tiverton West End C 35-27.
The winning Feniton rinks were; C Maynard, A Morgan and D Conbeer (19-14) and L Crook, G Phillips and Ro Clarke (16-13).
You may also want to watch:
However, the struggles continue for the A team as they went down 43-25 to Topsham C with the one Feniton winning rink comprising of M Evans, R North and R Smith (16-15).
The ladies defeated Seaton in The Grace Matthews competition, winning by three rinks to two.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
The successful Feniton rinks were; S Kury (two-wood), 15-10; T Crawford (four-wood), 21-9, and G Blackmore, D Phillips and R Veitch (24-12). However, they then lost their match to Topsham 44-28 in the NBTL.
There was further disappointment for the ladies when they lost their first round Inter Club match against Plymouth Sir Francis Drake, going down 48-26.
Meanwhile in club action, the men’s handicap competition was won by Roger Smith who defeated Dave Sanders 22-5 in the final.
In the Ladies’ handicap competition, in a very close contest, Di Phillips defeated Glenys North 21-19.