Feniton ladies Over-50s League team edge out Topsham
- Credit: Archant
In the ladies Over-50s League Feniton defeated Topsham by 28 shots to 22, writes Roger Smith.
In another fine all-round Feniton ladies performance, the top rink was the one of J Smith, A Coyne and D Phillips, who won 16-9.
There was not such good news for the mixed team, who suffered a narrow defeat against visitors Phear Park by 65 shots to 59.
The winning home rinks were: L Crook, S Kury and A Kury, 20-14 and J Skinner, B Bowden and A Smith,16-13.
However, they enjoyed success in their meeting with Exonia, albeit by a single shot at 52-51!
You may also want to watch:
The only winning rink was J Wheatley, A Morgan, Ru Clarke and R North 18-10 and the other rink was tied.
Four ladies from Feniton, Judy Smith, Avril Coyne, Di Phillips and Ruby Veitch, were one of the section 3 rinks that won the intersection Bowls Devon Jubilee Trophy at Torbay Country Bowling Club.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis