Feniton march on thanks to three first half goals at Topsham Town
Topsham Town 1, Feniton 3 Feniton chalked up a 13th win in 15 Fresha League outings to stay three points clear at the top of the Premier Division, with a 3-1 success at home to Topsham Town.
First half goals from Ben Ede, Charlie Selley and Paul Dowling saw the Blues to victory and in the process they took their season’s goal tally to 89 in 20 league and cup matches.
Boss Mark Kingdon said: “It was another solid performance. In the second half, when they (Topsham) threw everything they had at us, we defended superbly. Mark Simic and Elliot Dyer were outstanding as a central defensive pairing.”
The one issue that did hit Feniton during the game was a nasty injury to Julian Bolt who was making a welcome return after another lengthy injury enforced lay-off. The mid-fielder was felled by a tackle that led to a visiting player being shown a straight red card just five minutes after he was introduced to the game from the bench! Sadly, it may well be that the midfielders season is now over!
Next up for the Blues is arguably their biggest game of the season so far when they entertain second in the table Hatherleigh. Another Acland Park victory would open up a six point gap between the teams and Kingdon is well aware of the importance of the match.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “This is the period now when our season will be defined for we follow the Hatherleigh visit with one from St Martin’s. We don’t know much about them (Hatherleigh), but I am sure that they will be just as keen to bank the points as we are. It has the makings of being a titanic match.”
Matt Hesford is expected to be available for selection as he is home this coming weekend.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert