Feniton men’s handicap success for Edmonds
- Credit: Archant
In their first County Trophy Competition match of the season, Feniton lost narrowly to Madeira, going down by six shots, 88-82, writes Roger Smith.
The winning rinks were S Crawford, M Sellick, A Kury and K Lovering, 28-14 and A Smith, Ro Clarke, I Veitch and R Smith, 24-21. The men’s Over-60s B team went down 45-23 in a Triples League match at Tiverton West End.
The ladies Over-50s team returned to winning ways, defeating Heavitree by 43-20. The winning rinks were G Blackmore, R Clarke and R Veitch, 24-12 and J Smith, G North and S Kury, 19-8.
The mixed team lost away at Seaton, going down 80-72. Here the winning rinks were; F Jones, J Mitchell and R North, 22-13 and V Jones, R Crowe-Swords and R Smith, 24-22.
The weekend was taken up with the ladies and gents handicap competition. In the ladies semi-finals Glenys North narrowly defeated Judy Smith by 22-20 and Janice Mitchell defeated Val Jones by 21-14. In the final Janice Mitchell emerged victorious, in a close match against Glenys North, winning 21-18.
You may also want to watch:
In the men’s semi-finals Roy Lovering defeated Alan Smith by 22-15 and Paul Edmonds defeated Les Ley by 26-18. In the final, after an epic contest, Paul Edmonds, with his last wood, managed to overcome Roy Lovering by 26-20.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre