Feniton men’s Over-60s Triples League teams have mixed success
- Credit: Archant
The past week was one of mixed fortunes for the players involved with the Feniton men’s Over-60s Triples League teams, writes Roger Smith.
The A team defeated Tiverton Bowling Club by 33-27 with the winning rink the one of J Livings, A Smith and R Smith, who won 20-9.
However, they then lost their rearranged match away at Topsham C by 44 shots to 24.
The B team won their rearranged match against Crediton 43-29. The winning rink was C Maynard, G Phillips and R Clarke (23-9). However, they then lost 40-20 away at Pinces Gardens.
The Feniton ladies won their Over-50s League match against Seaton Reds by 32 shots to 29.
You may also want to watch:
The winning rink was P Figg, A Coyne and G North (20-11).They were also victorious against local rivals Ottery St Mary in the NBTL winning 39-28. The winning rinks were P Figg, D Bowden and D Phillips (24-14) and C Sanders, V Jones and Ru Clarke (15-14).
The mixed team had a convincing win in their East of Exe League meeting, also against Ottery St Mary who they defeated 78-57 with wins on all rinks.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
The successful rinks were D Downs, D Sanders, R Veitch and I Veitch (22-11), R Cooke, S Kury, A Smith and R Smith (18-12) , G Blackmore, G Phillips, P Goodwin and K Lovering (20-18) and T Cox, J Smith, A Evans and A Kury (18-16).
They mixed team also drew away with Heavitree in a friendly match 70-all.
The winning rinks were E Cox, D Bowden, A Kury (24-15), F Brooks, V Jones and G Phillips (16-10) and M Evans, B Bowden and J Livings (14-13). However, they won at home against Belmont by 74-59.
The winning rinks were A Pritchard, D Downs and I Veitch (27-11), F Jones, C Maynard and P Edmonds (20-14) and L Crook, M Whitcombe and G Phillips (16-15). They also had a very narrow victory away at Topsham by (102-101). The winning rinks were D Bowden, R Lovering, P Goodwin and D Coyne (30-12), D Downs, V Jones, G Phillips and I Veitch (18-17) and F Jones, B Bowden, J Smith and Ro Clarke.