Feniton men suffer Over-60s League woe
- Credit: Archant
It was not a good week for the Feniton men’s over 60s teams, writes Roger Smith.
The A team lost 43-31 to Tiverton West End, securing one point for a tied rink and the B team lost on both rinks to Tiverton Borough with the final score being 58-23 in the Borough favour.
The ladies Over-50s League side were edged out 30-26 in their meeting with Belmont.
The winning rink for Feniton was the one of D Bowden, A Pritchard and R Veitch, 16-11.
In the NBTL, the ladies went down narrowly to Heavitree, beaten 34-32. They did have a winning rink though, with K Wise, V Jones and Ru Clarke bagging a 19-12 success.
You may also want to watch:
However, the ladies achieved an excellent result in defeating local rivals Honiton in the Grace Matthews competition by three rinks to two.
D Phillips won the two woods, Ru Clarke won the four woods and G Blackmore, K Wise and R Veitch won a closely fought triples rink.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 10 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
Sadly, they also lost their Inter Club competition against Barnstaple,losing on both rinks.
The mixed team lost away to Chagford, beaten 67-56. The winning rinks were D Downs, G North and A Evans, 22-15 and J Skinner, M Evans and R North, 14-12. However, they did manage a win against visiting Axminster by 79 shots to 62.
The winning rinks were B Bowden, A Coyne and A Smith, 26-10 and P Edmonds, D Bowden and L Ley 19-13.