Feniton Over-60s League triples teams do well
- Credit: Archant
It proved to be a good week for the Feniton Over-60s Triples League teams, writes Roger Smith.
Both A and B teams recorded victories. The A team travelled to Topsham where they won 39-32.
The winning rinks were J Livings, A Smith and R Smith (16-11) and J Skinner, M Chipperfield and A Evans (23-21).
The B team won 43-36 at Tiverton West End to stay second in their division. Here the winning rinks were L Crook, D Sanders and G Phillips (21-16) and C Maynard, A Morgan and D Conbeer (23-21).
The ladies lost their NBTL match against Pinces Gardens by 45 shots to 26.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s mixed team lost 112-95 to touring side Barbourne.
The winning rinks were F Brooks, E Cox, A Smith and Ro Clarke (18-13) and J Wheatley, Ru Clarke and R Smith (19-9).
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
The next match against Pinces Gardens resulted in a change in fortunes with a win by 117-88. The winning rinks were R Cooke, J Lovell, K Lovering (28-11), G Blackmore, M Whitcombe, A Kury (24-8) and A Hughes, B Bowden and S Kury (14-10). This was followed by another win against Topsham, this time 119-110. The winning rinks were T Young, R Crowe-swords, S Kury and I Veitch (26-15), E Goodenough, R Lovering, S Goodenough, D Phillips (24-19), L Crook, Ru Clarke, G Phillips and D Coyne (23-18), M Evans, J Skinner, J Smith and Ro Clarke (19-18) and D Bowden, B Bowden, E Cox and A Kury (14-13).