Feniton Over-60s teams make flying start to new league campaign
Both Feniton men’s teams enjoyed wins in the Over-60s league, writes Roger Smith.
The A team won away at Exeter St Thomas A by 37-32 where the winning rink comprised E Cox, P Edmonds and A Evans, who won 28-9.
The B team maintained their winning start to the season defeating Uffculme B 32-28. The winning rink was T Young, C Maynard and D Evans 28-9.
The ladies played a friendly match at Chardstock and won by 40-26. The winning rinks were J Evans, A Coyne, Ru Clarke and J Smith (22-11) and G Blackmore, A Pritchard, J O’Sullivan and G North (18-15).
The mixed team enjoyed an excellent win against tourists Westlecot, winning by 128-85. The winning rinks were A Coyne, G Skinner and D Evans (28-10), J Evans, L Ley and D Coyne (25-10), G Blackmore, R Cooke and K Lovering (23-14), J Lovell, A Smith and P Spreadbury (21-16) and B Halse, R Clarke and C Granger (18-14).
You may also want to watch:
In another thrilling match they narrowly lost to visitors Bridport by 107-110.
The winning rinks were M Evans, J Smith, S Goodenough and E Rolph (21-9), G Smith, J Skinner, G Phillips and K Lovering (25-14) and Ru Clarke, L Crook, R Cooke and D Coyne (17-16).
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone