Feniton pair into Section Three final of the County singles competition
- Credit: Archant
The Feniton men’s Over-60s A and B teams both returned to their losing ways last week, writes Roger Smith.
The A team narrowly lost away at Budleigh Salterton by 29 shots to 32 with their winning rink being the one of R Smith, G Phillips and J Skinner, 18-13. The B team lost away at Madeira C, beaten on both rinks.
It was better though fore the ladies was they had a good win in their Over-50s League match against Exeter St Thomas, winning 38-26. The winning rink being the one of G Blackmore, A Pritchard and D Phillips, 21-8.
Unfortunately, the ladies lost their Inter Club match against Byeways, going down by 40 shots to 46. The one successful rink was that of P Figg, D Bowden, A Coyne and J Smith, 22-15.
In their first East of Exe League match, the mixed team defeated Tiverton Park by 76 shots to 51. The winning rinks were C Maynard, D Bowden, D Coyne and J Skinner, 28-9 and D Sanders, V Murdoch, R Binmore and K Lovering, 21-17
You may also want to watch:
The mixed team defeated visitors Axminster by 80 shots to 42. The winning rinks were L Crook, S Kury and A Kury, 26-7, G Skinner, D Bowden and L Ley, 21-9 and V Murdoch, B Bowden and D Conbeer, 16-9.
They the won away at Bridport by 90 shots to 63 and the winning rinks were A Murdoch, A Coyne, S Kury and A Kury, 29-8, L Crook,V Murdoch, R Smith and G Phillips, 26-13 and D Bowden, B Bowden, D Sanders and A Smith, 21-15.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Last, but certainly not least from this latest report, congratulations, to Ian Veitch and R Binmore, who have reached the Section Three final of the County singles competition.