Feniton end preseason with a defeat
- Credit: Archant
Feniton concluded their pre-season with a 3-2 defeat away at Axminster Town ahead of their Devon and Exeter Football League Premier East Division opener next week.
The team were down to the bare bones with Ben Allen, Frankie and Tom Badcott all ruled out before Charlie Selley picked up an early injury in the game.
Skinner and Walsh netted the goals for Feniton.
With pre-season behind them, the team can now look forward to the start of the league season this Saturday (September 19) when they travel to Beer Albion.
On the same day, the reserve side also suffered defeat, this time away at Otterton Seconds.
You may also want to watch:
The young players impressed but ultimately it was one to forget as the team never really got going and were beaten 2-1.
The seconds also begin their season on Saturday when they take on Bishops Blaize.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled