Feniton Reserves boss Austin leads by example with goal in 3-0 derby win over Beer
- Credit: Archant
Once again the splendidly surface at Acland Park, Feniton, enabled Fresha league action when so many other grounds the length and breadth of Devon were unfit for play.
With the Blues senior side seeing their Premier Division game at Heavitree United one of the first to fall to the rain, the spotlight fell on the Feniton Reserves who were hosting Beer Albion Reserves in a Division Five contest.
Both sides went into the match sitting in the bottom six of the section, but by full-time it was the Blues second string looking upwardly mobile whilst for the Fishermen the threat of Division Six football looms large after they suffered a 13th defeat in 17 league outings.
The Blues won their fifth game of the league season with three first half goals from Billy Parnell, Jamie Doidge (his from the penalty spot) and a spectacular effort from player-boss Richard Austin.
Beer rallied after the break, but Feniton were fully deserving of the clean sheet success, the second such result on the spin as they were 1-0 winners at Acland Park a fortnight before when they won another East Devon derby, beating Seaton Town Reserves 1-0.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday Austin and his men journey to title-chasing Morchard Bishop who won the Acland Park meeting between the teams 5-0 back on November 2.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis