Feniton Reserves clinch Fresha Division Six title
- Credit: Archant
Feniton Reserves 6, Morchard Bishop Reserves 0 Feniton secured the Fresha league Division Six title in glorious fashion by putting the visiting side to the sword in front of a big Acland Park turn out.
Fittingly the Blues second string delivered a superb all-round performance.
An early strike by Jonathon French settled the home nerves and the gaol also meant the side had registered a century of goals this season – matching the achievement of the 1st XI at Acland Park!
There were three more goals before the break and two in the second half. The scorers were French (3), Loveridge, Brimblecombe and Easterbrook.
Blues Reserves boss Richard Harmer said: “After two poor performances over the Easter weekend the team was like an injured animal, but recovered to win the next ten games and with it the league title. All of the players have worked so hard for this and I am very proud of each and every one of them.”
You may also want to watch:
Celebrations after the game were attended by the gallant Morchard Bishop side and included a mankini display by Vinny Loveridge!
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott