Feniton slip out of promotion places with Sandford loss
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A disappointing batting performance that saw five ducks condemned Feniton to a four wicket loss against promotion rivals Sandford 2nds.
Feniton only managed 108 in their innings as Shaun Fryett took five wickets for 29 runs.
Visitors Sandford won the toss and elected to bowl first. They stuck early when opener and wicketkeeper Mark Salter was dismissed on seven.
Graham Tucker and Mark Kingdon were the only two batsmen who hit any sort of form scoring 39 and 30 respectively while the others around them struggled.
Jonathan Pyle's score of nine was the highest in a bleak tail meaning Feniton crashed to the low score of 108.
You may also want to watch:
The Feniton bowlers made an attempt to restrict Sandford but their batsmen were having more joy with the bat then their opponents.
Openers Christopher Blake and Ashley Baker put on a 30 partnership before Baker was caught.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Middle order batsmen Ben Clement scored 34 runs as his side crept towards the target.
He remained unbeaten as Sandford reached the total after just 30.3 overs.
The loss meant Feniton were leapfrogged by Sanford 2nds and must now look to bounce back against Budleigh Salterton 2nds on Saturday, June 22.