Feniton suffer mixed fortunes
- Credit: Archant
Feniton had mixed fortunes as a club as the Tolchards Devon League reached the one-third stage of the season.
The 1st XI were involved in a close encounter with Seaton who won with two overs and four balls to spare.
The stand-out contributors on the day for Feniton were Adam Ramcharran who top scored with 60 and Mark Salter who hit 47 – the pair adding 96 for the third wicket, but a collapse to 160-7 meant the tail had to try and take the innings to its conclusion. The total of 193-9 was probably 20 runs light as Seaton got home with 16 balls remaining.
However, the 2nd XI bagged win number five of the season thanks to an excellent all-round display with bat and ball.
Batting first the 2nds amassed 275-6 thanks to a hard-hitting unbeaten 63 from number eight bat Kevin Brandon. Brandon and skipper Stuart Bright (41no) added 90 for the unbroken seventh wicket.
You may also want to watch:
Brandon then turned his arm over to great effect, taking three wickets for 21 and, with Dave Carnall also amongst the wickets, the old campaigner took 2-20, and Exwick were bowled out for 198.
On Saturday the 1st team host Shaldon and the 2nd XI will be looking to keep their current superb run going when they visit Thorverton III who were unable to raise a side last weekend and so had ten points deducted.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre