Feniton three-bowl singles success for Graham Phillips
- Credit: Archant
The Wednesday matches in the Over-60s men’s triples league and the ladies’ Over-50s matches were both cancelled so that members could attend the funeral of long term club member George Skinner, a good servant to the club, writes Roger Smith.
In a rearranged Over-60s League match, the A team continued their recent encouraging progress with a resounding 50-18 win over second placed Uffculme.
The winning rinks were J Living, G Phillips and J Skinner (27-7) and D Sanders, A Smith and R Smith (23-11).
In the East of Exe League, the mixed team were 72-55 winners at top-of-the-table Seaton.
The winning rinks were P Bright, J Livings, R Veitch and I Veitch (22-9) and R Lovering, J Smith, R Cooke and R Binmore (20-14).
You may also want to watch:
The club three bowl singles competition was won by Graham Phillips, who defeated Dave Sanders by 55-41 in the final.
Congratulations, to Roy Lovering and Robin Cooke, who won the Section Three final of the men’s unbadged pairs’ competition.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
Well done, also to Tracey Crawford and Judy Smith who are through to the Section Three final of the ladies unbadged pairs’ competition.
Unfortunately, Dave Sanders, Dave Downs and Graham Phillips lost on an extra end in the Section Three unbadged men’s triples competition by 17 shots to 16.