Feniton too strong for Axminster in the section 3 semi-final of the Top Club competition.
- Credit: Archant
The Feniton men’s team enjoyed more success defeating Axminster in the section 3 semi-final of the Top Club competition by five rinks to nil, writes Roger Smith.
The match, contested in a steady downpour saw winning rinks from A Kury (4-woods ) 21-13, S Dommett (2-woods) 21-15, I Veitch and K Lovering (pairs) 36-4, A Smith, R Clarke, D Evans and R Smith (triples) 30-7 and R Cooke, D Coyne and P Spreadbury (fours) 11-5.
In the men’s triples league the B team maintained their excellent form defeating Belmont B by 51-38.
The winning rinks were G Phillips, L Ley and R Clarke 23-16 and M Evans, D Conbeer and D Evans 28-22.
The A teams recent woes continued losing again by a narrow margin away against Okehampton by 25-31.
You may also want to watch:
The mixed team defeated Heavitree by 87-80. The only winning rink was J Wheatley, J Skinner, R Veitch and A Kury 29-8, although two rinks were tied.
Congratulations to Les Ley, Alan Smith and Roger Smith who have reached the section 3 final of the county unbadged triples competition.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery