Feniton Under-12s end season on a high
- Credit: Archant
Feniton Under-12s won one and drew one in back-to-back Exeter and District Youth League meetings with Honiton Town.
First up the pair played a midweek fixture at Acland Park and the home side chalked up a third successive victory courtesy of a 3-2 triumph.
Another brace from play-maker Tom Jeacock and one from winger Wilf McNeilige saw them shade it in a game that could have gone either way.
Going into the break level at one each it needed something special and birthday boy Tom Jeacock came up with the goods by powering past the opposition to gain Feniton the upper hand early in the second half.
Honiton hit back with a free kick to level the match once more before Jeacock hit the winner after a period of intense Feniton pressure.
You may also want to watch:
Late drama ensued when Honiton were awarded a penalty but a magnificent penalty save by Feniton’s goalkeeper Sam Gardner ensured another three point haul for a rapidly improving Feniton.
The pair met again four days later at Honiton where Fenton wrapped up their league season with their tenth point from twelve to end the season on a high.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 7 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 8 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Football in support of mental health
Honiton took a first half lead and held on until ten minutes from the end of the match when a determined Tom Jeacock equalized for Feniton after a good run.
Against the run of play Honiton then went back in front before a superb strike into the top corner from Kellen Hamilton ensured this Derby ended honours even.