Feniton Under-14s end season on a high
- Credit: Archant
Feniton Under-14s ended what was another successful football s eason with a 3-1 win over Copplestone United.
With the opposition sitting third in the table the victory sealed a terrific hat-trick of wins for Feniton over the teams finishing first, second and third in the final table.
Two first half goals were scored by Thomas Kirsch, who then went close to completing his hat-trick on a couple of occasions before the third goal, scored by Treeve Harris, who made space in the box with a sharp turn before rifling the ball home with the outside of the right foot.
The new look Fenny back four of Waters, Moran, Kennel and Grimshaw kept things tight in defence and the quick-thinking and distribution of goalkeeper Dan Mortimer meant Feniton were very quick to launch attacks.
The central midfield pairing of Siggers and Warren marshalled the middle of the park very well with Nicklin and Furze tireless running out wide made us dangerous going forward.
You may also want to watch:
Fenny also had three goals ruled out for off-side and also felt aggrieved that a coupel of penalty appeals were rejected.
Feniton boss Dave Grimshaw said: It was a fine all-round performance and one that sums up out splendid season.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
“We will now spend the summer looking for new players to the squad and look to push on with the team next season. Ideally I would like to bring in one or two new players and would ask if anyone would like to get involved with us give me a call.”
David can be contacted on 0774 6634044.