Feniton Under-16s win ‘Match of the Day’
- Credit: Archant
Feniton Under-16s consolidated their second place position in the Exeter and District Youth League Division One after a ‘Game of the Day’ single goal Acland Park victory over Whipton.
The Exeter based team have been a top three team for a number of seasons and boast an array of county players in their ranks.
However, newly promoted Feniton showed their own class by playing the better football throughout in an entertaining match. An attacking formation saw Feniton take the game to their opponents with Oscar Walsh going close early on after a surging run. However, the deadlock was broken on 20 minutes when Jack Hobday burst through two tackles before chipping the advancing goalkeeper to give Feniton a deserved lead which they held until half-time.
The second half was equally competitive with the Feniton midfield trio of Hobday, Jacob Turner and Garreth Blackmore controlling the game.
On the rare occasions that Whipton threatened centre half pairing of Ben Titmuss and captain Chris Badcott were imperious in dealing with any danger seeing their team to a well-deserved win.
You may also want to watch:
Man of the Match for the winners was midfielder Jacob Turner.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert