Forester-Bennett stars at Pony Club Championships
- Credit: Archant
Taggy Forester-Bennett from Sheldon near Honiton took her current ride Bonza Moorabinda, owned by Olympic Gold Medalist Matt Ryan, to the Pony Club Championships in Cheshire to compete against the countries best under 25 year olds.
Eighteen-year-old Taggy took on this ride at the beginning of this season, with the help of generous sponsorship from Honiton based Cosmic IT, providers of websites, digital marketing and training. They have already won two events this season and were second at the first Bicton International held at Budleigh Salterton and also third at the first Great Britain Trial at Withington Manor in Gloucestershire.
At the Pony Club Championships Taggy and ‘Moo’ were second in their dressage arena and then when to a ride off against all the first and second place riders from six arenas.
To cap off a memorable event, Taggy finished in third spot overall.
There was still more to come for the competition also had the traditional award that is presented for horsemanship - judged on the show jumping round and the riding.
You may also want to watch:
Taggy, having won the honour at Intermediate level in 2011, was thrilled to be declared the overall winner and presented with a beautiful rug.
Taggy is looking for syndicate owners to purchase this mare for next season, they will be competing for a place on the Great Britain Young Riders Team, owners would have the benefits of watching this combination at some of the best events in the British Eventing calendar such as Gatcombe and Barbury Castle. Syndicate ownership can start from £1,000 and if anyone is interested they can contact Taggy on 07747 637477
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend